Easter Camp 2012
Margaret River April 6-10, 2012
Come with us for a long weekend getaway to the beautiful area of Margaret River. Days filled with exciting adventures in the wilderness.
The camp package includes:
- 4 nights of camping
- Activities during the daytime including abseiling, kayaking and caving
Location: Glenbrook Country Retreat
Set in a semi-rural/bushland setting Glenbrook is only 5kms from the township of Margaret River, in the midst of the tourist attractions for which this corner of the world has become famous.
- Your own tent and camping equipment. ie, (camp chairs if you have some)
- A toilet block is available for ladies and gents with shower facilities.
How to get there
Glenbrook cottages are located 5 km south of Margaret River.
To get there continue along the Bussell Hwy through Margaret River township until you come to Darch Rd, turn left, follow until you come to the Glenbrook sign turn right, keep the main building on your right and follow dirt road to the camping area.
All our adventures are guided by fully qualified instructors; your safety always comes first.
We provide you with all the adventure equipment needed. You need to bring:
- Outdoor type clothing that can handle getting dirty
- Hiking boots/shoes for caving and abseiling. Protective footwear for canoeing is compulsory
- Sun block
- Water bottle or Camelback
- Torch with spare batteries (we recommend a robust Dolphin type. If you intend to partake in the caving activities then you can tie a strap to it so you can hang it off your shoulder). A headtorch is also a good option
- Good sense of humour to face a day of challenges
Activities on offer
- Abseiling: will be conducted in two locations, one in the Jarrah forest of the Leeuwin Naturaliste National Park and the other at the Willyabrup sea cliffs overlooking a magnificent coast line.
- Kayaking: we take you on a paddle on the Blackwood River taking in the sights of what nature has to offer.
- Caving: we go underground to view the hidden marvels of nature. Caves hold a history to the development of mainland Australia and early man.
Bring all that you wish to eat / share.
It would be a good idea to bring a pre cooked meal for the first night.
The camp starts 1pm on April 6th and finishes after breakfast on April 10th.
We will be eating out in Margaret River for dinner on Monday April 9th.
- Camping: $20 per person per night (total of $80.00 for entire camp)
Equipment usage for all activities: $50.00 per person.
- DEC fees for:
- Caving: $6.00 per cave per person.
- Abseiling: $8.00 per site per person.
The first activity will start around 2pm on the 6th. I would like everyone to be on site and settled in by 1pm. If you are running late or unable to attend by 2pm, please ring me (Markus) on 0417 099 003.
Please be aware that the temperature in the south west region can be between 5 & 7 degrees cooler than Perth so make sure that you pack some warm items just in case it gets a bit cool.
Refrigerator space is available for food and drinks.