Professional Development & Training
Friends of Adventure was created to fill a need in the outdoor recreation industry to provide low-cost opportunities to practice and learn practical outdoor recreation skills.
Learning and practicing new skills in outdoor recreation can be very costly. Friends of Adventure provides an alternative to traditional training options by providing the opportunity to practice skills in a cost-effective and supportive environment.
Regularly (or on request) we can organise events that provide you with the opportunity to learn new skills, practice existing skills with qualified industry trainers and assessors with the only cost being your time and a minimal fee for gear hire if necessary.
We hold qualifications to train and assess in a range of outdoor recreation disciplines including rock climbing, abseiling, canoeing, bush walking, low and high ropes courses.
What we provide you with during our activities is informal training and log book time. If you wish to take this training to the next level and gain some outdoor recreation qualifications you can enroll with Fairbridge Inc to gain formal qualifications in the disciplines of your choice.
This is the procedure if you wish to be formally assessed by Friends of Adventure while joining us on events:
- Complete Fairbridge’s sign up forms
- Pay a 12 month $200 registration fee to Fairbridge
- Fairbridge will notify FoA of your registration
- Notify Fairbridge which units you wish to complete
- Pay a $35 fee per Unit of Competency you wish to obtain
- Complete any assessment papers and submit any required evidence to Fairbridge
- Attend FoA programed days for practical training or assessments (You must notify FoA if you are undertaking any training or assessments)
- Attend Fairbridge’s training days when invited
If you have formal outdoor recreation and TAE10 qualifications and would be interested in being part of Friends of Adventure to help others gain qualifications please contact us for further information.