Adventure Dance Camp 2013
Margaret River January 3rd to 7th, 2013
This event is now over
This camp is recreational get away with option of adventure activities and social dancing.
The camp package includes:
- 4 nights of accommodation at Glenbrook Country Retreat
- Catered meals
- Optional adventure activities during the daytime including abseiling, kayaking and caving
- 4 nights of social dancing
Location: Glenbrook Country Retreat
Set in a semi-rural/bushland setting Glenbrook is only 5kms from the township of Margaret River, in the midst of the tourist attractions for which this corner of the world has become famous.
Take time out to walk on one of many bush tracks on the property or adjacent state forest, or just plain relax in the sunshine away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. Glenbrook has been designed with a warm, comfortable atmosphere in mind and its buildings, with their wide verandahs, centre around a grassed courtyard.
You can choose between:
- A place in a shared room: 2 to 4 people to a room, double beds, single beds and bunks available (sheets included)
- A bunk bed in the dormitory (sheets included)
- Bring your own tent or camper trailer
Since the number of beds is limited first in best dressed applies.
Shared showers and toilets for ladies and gents are available for use in the middle of the complex.
Different prices apply for different accommodation options; please see the camp fee list below for detailed information.
How to get there
Glenbrook Country Retreat is located 5 km south of Margaret River.
To get there continue along the Bussell Hwy through Margaret River township until you come to Darch Rd (where the Watershed Winery is), turn left, follow until you come to the Glenbrook sign and drive to the main building.
All our adventure activities are guided by fully qualified instructors; your safety always comes first.
We provide you with all the adventure equipment needed. You need to bring:
- Outdoor type clothing that can handle getting dirty
- Hiking boots/shoes for caving and abseiling. Protective footwear for canoeing is compulsory
- Sun block
- Water bottle and a lunch box ( to put your lunch in)
- Torch with spare batteries (we recommend a dolphin type. If you intend to partake in the caving activities then you can tie a strap to it so you can hang it off your shoulder)
- Good sense of humour to face a day of challenges
Activities on offer
- Abseiling: will be conducted in two locations, one in the Jarrah forest of the Leeuwin Naturaliste National Park and the other at the Willyabrup Sea Cliffs overlooking a magnificent coast line.
- Kayaking: we take you on a sightseeing paddle on the Blackwood River taking in the sights of what nature has to offer.
- Caving: we go underground to view the hidden marvels of nature. Caves hold a history to the development of mainland Australia and early man.
Other activities locally available
Horse riding, swimming, surfing, bush walking, shopping in Margaret River, visit local wineries or whatever your heart desires.
The camp starts with an evening meal on Januray 3rd and finishes with breakfast on January 7th 2013. If you are arriving late or leaving early, please let us know. Unfortunately we don’t do special price discounts.
- Traditional continental breakfast buffet with cereal, toast, tea and coffee will be available in the mornings between 7.30 and 9 am.
- A choice of bread, salads and different fillings will be available to make your own packed lunch to take along for your day activities or to eat at the camp.
- Evening dinners will have a theme including French, Italian, Spanish and Thai cuisines to satisfy your taste buds each night.
- Hot and cold drinking water and plenty of fresh fruit will be available at all times.
- BYO alcohol and soft drinks.
- If you have specific food requirements (allergies/vegetarian/vegan) please inform us before and we do our best to cater for your needs.
- Shared room – $350.00 per person
- Dormitory (bunk beds) – $320.00 per person
- Bring your own caravan /camper trailer (no power supplied) – $300.00 per person
- Camping: bring your own tent – $300.00 per person
- Abseiling – $20.00 per person
- Canoeing – $20.00 per person
- Caving – $20.00 per person
- Package price for all three activities – $50.00 per person